IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL MANAGERS AND KEYWORKERS TO ENSURE THAT ALL RESIDENTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING:
1. Ensure the Manager / Alison are aware of arrival and have contracts etc.
2. Admissions Book
3. Care Plan discussed with them and set up with them or relatives.
4. That they are registered with G.P.
5. They have a personal file
6. Medical Administration Records
7. Roll Call and Call Bell lists
8. Bath rota
9. Bed change rota
10. Room clean rota
11. That they are allocated a Keyworker – Keyworker to be introduced to new resident as soon as on shift.
12. Ensure they have a ‘This is Me / Patient Transfer Form’
13. Given a Handbook
14. Medical Records and Care Plan Review List
15. Check the name the resident wishes to be known by
16. Find out what interests the resident has and ensure he/she is encouraged to join in.
17. New resident has daily contact with a manager for at least first two weeks to ensure the resident is happy, with no problems. DO NOT WAIT FOR PROBLEMS TO OCCUR!
WOODLANDS & HILL BROW LTD
KEY PERSON’S RESPONSIBILITIES
The Keyworker is responsible and accountable for the needs and contentment of the individual resident. They should liaise with the resident and their relatives and other staff about the care and every day needs required.
Some routine responsibilities:-
1) Visit resident every shift you work and check their needs and happiness – discuss activities and outings.
2) Check that rooms are clean and tidy. Water plants if necessary. Carpets to be spot cleaned or shampooed as required.
3) Check clothes and wardrobes – ensure that clothes are properly marked and repaired. Ask family to mend if necessary.
4) Check bathroom – ensure tooth mugs, hairbrushes and combs are clean etc.
5) Check residents finger nails are clean and short
6) Make yourself known to family and residents, at least weekly (email best)
7) Ensure resident, if unable to make own choice, has adequate basic toiletries and other personal items. If required, let family / WRVS / In-House shop know.
8) Pest control – check for signs of vermin and household pests. All biscuits, cakes, sweets, chocolate and bird seed etc., are kept in airtight containers. Over ripe fruit must be removed from room.
9) Where possible, sit in on one to ones with Manager.